This is a recipe for our Italian Caprese salad and here is the tool to make preparation even easier!
- 1-2 medium-large fresh Mozzarella (or buffalo mozzarella)
- 2 large firm ripe tomatoes (or 20-25 cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-10 fresh basil leaves
- Remove the tomatoes and the mozzarella from the fridge one hour before preparing.
- Slice the mozzarella and drain in a sieve or gently dry with a paper towel, then place spread out on a large plate.
- If using large tomatoes then slice and paper towel dry if extra moist. If using grape or cherry tomatoes then slice in half. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and toss with salt, oregano and olive oil. Spoon the tomato mixture over the mozzarella and top with fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately. Enjoy!